Sunday, January 1, 2012

Obligatory New Year's Post

It's 2012, and I just love the way it rolls off the tongue. (twenty-twelve, forget that clumsy two thousand business)

It's a milestone year for me, all thanks to YearUp. In about a month, I'll be working hard at my internship, where ever it may be, crossing my fingers and hoping for a long term job.

I have to say I'd never be as happy or stress free if it weren't for the program. If I hadn't joined YearUp 2011 would have been another year of inhaling gasoline fumes and getting grey hairs dealing with the minor problems of the same people everyday, just stopping by and getting their requisite fill up.

I capped off 2011 by going to school for a subject I enjoy, ripping apart and rebuilding PCs, for fun and hopefully profit. 2012 should be a banner year for me, the year I turn my nerdy hobby into a lucrative career.


I have the grades, I have the dedication, I have the drive, all I need is a touch of that 2012 luck.

Happy New Year, one and all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Miguel!I really enjoyed your blog post I also am thankful for joining Year Up otherwise I'll be stuck with old people all year! Great job on grammar and sentences.

    ReplyDelete