Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Internship is almost here.

It's a matter a week and half, and then internship will be here. I expect a lot of troubleshooting, rebooting, and imaging right away, and probably some taking apart and rebuilding of computers.

It's a very anxious time. I have no idea what sort of environment I'll be in and what will honestly be expected from me. I hope my office is cool, and nice looking, and not a sea of gray cubes. Goodness do I hope that.

I'm hoping I can pick up any hard skills needed to get the job done right. It's very nerve fraying not knowing what sort of work I'll be doing.

The most important thing to me is landing a full time position after internship, and that means leaving a great impression. My overall feeling is that when internship starts, I can leave the bookbag at home, but I have to fight that feeling, I must always be armed with pen and paper and iPhone, ready to learn and study new things I may be completely unprepared for.

I hope my manager will be understanding of the fact that as prepared as YearUp made me, there are things I've never done, but am willing to learn how to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment