Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Break From Break

December 27th, the start of holiday halftime.

I've celebrated good cheer, overindulged, laughed too hard and over slept for almost four days straight, starting with the Christmas Eve (Eve) kickoff with friends, creeping into Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family, and even yesterday, while everyone else started their respite from the celebrations, I was celebrating my parent's anniversary.

What do I have to show for it? A few more inches around the waistline, lots of awesome swag (thanks family and friends), and a severe cold. But I finally reached the break in my break, the sandwich of productivity and genuine rest between the dizzying rush of Christmas and anticipated New Year's Eve blowout.

One year doesn't seem like a long enough moratorium on tamales and red and green cookies from where I'm standing, but I know I'll be duped into excitement and the childlike giddiness come November 2012, when I cross the Holiday Event Horizon and get sucked into the Black Hole of Joy for another grueling December.

Happy Holidays, and rest up for the 31st!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post.
    I really liked the visuals of your break it gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could sure go for some tamales and red and green cookies right about now. Awesome Event Horizon reference. Love that movie!

    ReplyDelete