Monday, January 2, 2012

That was the end. This is the start. This is the end. This is the start.

2011 is gone. This is the start of 2012. The next few weeks will be the end of the learning and development phase of my school, which marks the start of my internship.

I have nothing to say about the nitty gritty details of these events, all I can say is that I've gained some perspective on the continuing nature of time and life. Every new and exciting change is heralded by the end of the familiar, I couldn't possibly stay comfortable and expect things to get better all on their own.

These changes were initiated by me, I knew what I signed up for when I started Year Up, but it feels like the changes are also happening in spite of me. I've been groomed to be a useful, dynamic, likable and memorable intern, and while my classmates and I stand at the edge of something unknown and new, a whole new class is in the process of being placed in our newly emptied, still warm seats.

It's all sort of comforting and nerve-racking at the same time.

4 comments:

  1. Like you Miguel, I'm excited for the change that is to come as well. I was working a job before this that I knew would be dead end, but discovering Year Up changed all of that as well. I hope you have great success at your internship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've nicely captured the nervous excitement that comes with personal and professional growth. Being able perform well in new environments, new responsibilities, and new networks - even when you're nervous as heck- is a really a great trait to develop. I'm glad that you're seeing that and working on it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...please excuse the typo above. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete