Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Internship Readiness

Someone who is internship ready is someone who makes themselves and the program look good by demonstrating a firm understanding of the task and expectations presented to them at their internship. This person can not only handle any technical assignment doled out to them, but they also show strength of character by not only receiving feedback well, but actively seeking it out. Earnest communication with colleagues and an open attitude will make it easy for this person to earn the respect and admiration of their peers, and get the attention of their managers.

I plan to demonstrate these qualities during Module 3 by always extending a hand to a colleague that needs some help, and by looking for chances to jump in and help on my own. I will continue to take and act on feedback, and will continue giving it for the benefit of my peers.

The one change I plan to make this module in regards to my energy and attitude is showing more awareness in regards to how my tone and speech is taken by others. The same humor that I've used to make close friends with my colleagues and to stand out in the program runs the risk of offending and upsetting someone, and I'm learning how to shift gears around people who are sensitive to that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment